Save a child in Afghanistan
Afghanistan’s turbulent history has been shaped by decades of internal conflict and extreme natural disasters, especially drought. The people of this war-torn country struggle with extreme poverty. Combined with dangerous security issues, the country is considered to be amongst the most dangerous places for children to be born.
The Challenges for Children in Afghanistan
Suffering from widespread violence, poverty, and natural disasters, Afghanistan’s children need your help.
- 24% of girls 15 and older are literate
- 42% of school-age children are out of school
- 70 out of 1000 children die before their 5th birthday
- 29% of children are engaged in child labor
- 54% of people live in poverty
Adopt a Child